About Me

My photo
Twenty year old University of Limerick student. Studying politics and psychology. Aspiring psychologist. Avid reader. Occasional writer.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Anxiety

I have always for as long as I can remember been a nervous person. Up until recently I didn't understand that  actually the level of this nervous-ness or anxiety wasn't quiet normal ( we aren't meant to say normal, but you know). Since starting my placement, I've working with people with anxiety disorders and those who suffer panic attacks. I think now that feeling that has always been in the background of my life is low level anxiety. I'm learning breathing techniques and other skills to reduce and help me with my sleeping, or lack of it. Obviously it isn't a major problem, and it doesn't cripple me the way it can for other people but it is nice to know I don't always have to feel worried about something.

Placement is going great, I  wrote a big post on it but some how it got deleted and a mixture of being busy and lazy meant I never rewrote it. So basically it is going good, I'm getting a lot of experience and a huge insight into the lives of those who are affected my mental health problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment